Colorado Press Association Member Rates
$20 for 70 words
Includes: 30 days online, one print edition of Colorado Editor
Additional Words .07 per word
$30 for 70 words
Includes: 30 days online, one print edition of Colorado Editor
Additional words are .07 per word
Place Your Advertisement
Call Lisa Woodworth at 303-571-5117
Email Lisa Woodworth at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lamar Ledger, a twice-weekly newspaper in Southeast Colorado, is seeking a News Editor. This is a full-time salaried position with hours roughly 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and Friday 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. Hours and days may be adjusted as work requires; periodic weekend work is likely. Check us out at www.lamarledger.com.
This position requires a journalist with experience in, but not limited to, reporting, writing, editing, page design, photography and web posting.
The successful candidate
• Will have the ability to write concisely and accurately adhering to AP Style.
• Will have a track record of meeting deadlines and displaying solid judgment regarding local, regional and national/world news.
• Will be able to take charge of situations, motivate others in the newsroom, and lead by example.
• Will quickly become familiar with the geography of our coverage area and maintain a good rapport with sources and the community.
Job Duties Include:
• Planning news placement for two newsprint products, working with sports editor to coordinate sections.
• Working with design staff to produce news pages digitally in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
• Editing local content for newsprint and online platforms, including but not limited to, press releases, headlines, captions, articles, etc.
• Promoting content via Twitter and Facebook and responding to comments in real time.
• Turning around stories during the day for web posting.
• Identifying and reporting on trends for new features.
• Managing sports editor and freelance writers.
• Writing feature stories for special sections, events and/or magazines.
• Keeping schedule of events and meetings and working independently on articles for publications while managing deadlines.
• Monitoring police scanner and watching other media for breaking news. Coordinating with editors at sister papers as necessary. Keeping readers and followers updated on breaking news. Writing, photographing and posting breaking news on all platforms.
• Contributing content ideas to engage readers on all platforms.
• Taking on periodic editorial writing responsibilities.
• Other assignments as given by General Manager.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including vacation, personal time and sick leave, managed short- and long-term disability, medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as life and AD&D, supplemental life insurance, and a 401(k) Savings Plan.
Interested individuals should send resume to email@example.com.
The Lamar Ledger is a division of Prairie Mountain Publishing, a part of the Digital First Media Family, and a subsidiary of MediaNews Group.
Expires: August 26, 2014
Applications are now being accepted for the Publisher position in Los Alamos, NM. The Monitor is a five-day per week broadsheet published (Su,Tu,W,Th,F) and carrier delivered in the historic community of Los Alamos, NM where the Los Alamos National Laboratory is located. Los Alamos is located in northern New Mexico, just 30 miles from Santa Fe and 90 miles from Albuquerque. Los Alamos is a mountain town that offers many outdoor recreation activities. The in-county paid circulation as of September, 2013 was 2,321. The newspaper is printed on the newspaper’s onsite 5 unit/one folder Goss community press. The Las Vegas Optic, a tri-weekly sister paper, is printed by the Monitor. The Los Alamos Monitor can also be found online at www.lamonitor.com.
• Proven ability to get results – particularly ad sales, in-county circulation and profit
• Proven leadership skills to lead a dedicated staff of 15 FT and 10 PT employees
• Demonstrated strong team building, delegation and administrative skills
• Newspaper management experience – minimum 3 years, including bottom line responsibility, is essential
• Effective communication skills
• Good organizational and interpersonal skills
• An innovative approach to business growth
• Demonstrated high-energy level, with ability to motivate self and others
• Commitment to quality in all aspects of the operation
• Experience and skill in developing and implementing short and long term strategic plans
Essential Functions: • Cultivate and coach a developing employee team
• Achieve desired business results
• Actively participate in various community functions and events. Take a leadership role in the community.
• Oversee business, marketing and growth development of all products published
Interested persons should apply (preferably by e-mail) to:
Dan Sykes, Executive Vice President Landmark Community Newspapers, LLC P.O. Box 549 Shelbyville, KY 40066 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Notify your immediate supervisor and LCNI Human Resource Director if making application. Deadline for applications is Thursday, July 31, 2014.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Expires: August 22, 2014
Excellent family-owned media company…nice geographical location…a successful daily newspaper operation that is growing…AND WE NEED AN EXPERIENCED PUBLISHER. The Montrose Press is accepting applications and resumes for this opportunity in southwest Colorado.
The Montrose Press is an award-winning 6-day-a-week morning newspaper that is enhanced by the community’s favorite website, a local magazine and a powerful Total Market Coverage (TMC) product. In addition, the company has a sizeable commercial printing operation..
The operation is part of Arizona-based Wick Communications, now in its third generation of family ownership. Wick Communications is a family-owned community media company in 11 states.
Our current publisher, and a Wick Family member, is buying his own newspaper. His replacement needs to be a hands-on leader who will build upon past successes and provide the know-how and energy to take the operation to the next level. Expectations include:
• Provide the strategic insight and direction that positions our franchise to meet continually changing market and competitive conditions.
• Focus on team building and commitment for a competent group of managers.
• Bring a demonstrated track record of success in the sales and marketing areas.
• Be the role model for effective communications, listening and empathy, along with a strong work ethic.
• A proven and experienced track record of overseeing a successful press/commercial printing operation.
This is a challenging, yet very rewarding opportunity. The successful candidate will likely have managed other community newspapers. A college degree in a related field, with industry or similar related training and experience is required.
Montrose, Colorado is a very appealing place to live and work. If you like hiking, skiing, and other outdoors activities linked to the Colorado/mountain lifestyle, you’ll enjoy and thrive in the area.
• We offer competitive pay, performance bonuses, a 401K plan, paid vacation, a competitive health care plan and relocation assistance.
• Our contemporary administrative office and press buildings illustrate our appreciation of a good working environment and commitment to being a leader among our media peers.
• You will find competent, friendly managers and staff throughout the organization.
We expect to fill this position in the upcoming weeks, so urgency is important. Please apply ONLY electronically. Please send a cover letter, resume and references, salary history and expectations to: David Lewis, Group Publisher, Wick Communications. David.Lewis@Wickcommunications.com
Expires August 14, 2014
F.T. Reporter-Photographer, with Pagemaker and PhotoShop skills, photography and newspaper layout, attention to detail, customer service, and proofreading. Pay commensurate with experience. Benefits: vacation and sick time, 401K match, plus pleasant, working environment. Challenging, fast-paced, ever-changing experience at independently owned, largest community weekly newspaper in southeast Nebraska, covering the news of 25 communities. Call 402-792-2255 or send resume and writing sample asap:email@example.com Located in Hickman, Nebraska, 15 minutes south of Lincoln. www.voicenewsnebraska.com
Expires: August 15, 2014
Prairie Mountain Publishing is looking for a motivated sales professional with combined related experience in local merchant advertising and social media along with the experience to build partnerships for the daily deal program, BoCoDeals.com. Strong connections with restaurants, theaters, spas and everything in between are a must, as well as negotiating unbeatable deal offers on behalf of our subscribers. Experience with online sales, advertising and social media are beneficial to an account executive’s success and fit within the Prairie Mountain Publishing BoCo Deals team.
• Aggressively research, develop and cultivate leads for BoCoDeals.com using a variety of online and offline sources
• Prospect for, consult with and close local merchants on compelling offers for our subscribers based on each business’s products and services
• Identify new and creative businesses and activities to be featured, expanding the range of deals for our subscribers
• Manage relationships with established clients and construct proposals within selling guidelines to develop and maintain ongoing business
• Meet and strive to exceed individual monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
We offer a base salary plus commission and excellent benefits, including a choice of medical insurance, dental insurance, life/AD&D, managed disability insurance, a 401(k) investment savings plan and immediate eligibility for paid time off. Interested applicants may apply by emailing a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 303-449-2063. EOE.
Prairie Mountain Publishing is part of the Digital First Media Family and a subsidiary of MediaNews Group.
Expires: August 12, 2014
The Sterling JOURNAL-ADVOCATE
The Journal-Advocate in Sterling, Colorado has an opening for a full-time Advertising Sales Account Executive.
We are looking for a person with a positive attitude who is a self-starter and is goal-driven to join our sales team. The ability to deal with clients in an efficient and professional manner to help maximize results using their advertising budget will compensate the successful candidate through our established monthly commission program.
Ideally, the finalist candidate will be detail-oriented and possess previous customer service and sales experience; however, we will train the right candidate. The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented team environment is a must. Some knowledge of digital/social media is a plus. Computer and typing skills with a high level of accuracy are vital. A valid Colorado driver’s license, and reliable vehicle and a good driving record are required.
Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, life/AD&D insurance, paid short- and long-term disability, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, and immediate eligibility for paid time off.
Send resume with salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Sterling Journal-Advocate is a division of the Prairie Mountain Publishing Group, a part of the Digital First Media family and a subsidiary of MediaNews Group.
Expires: August 12, 2014
Prairie Mountain Publishing is expanding its Classified Sales Team!
Do you have a positive attitude with a solid work ethic? We have an opening on our Classified Call Center sales team for an Account Executive, and you might be the right fit. This position is perfect for the person who is a self-starter and goal-driven with the ability to deal with customers in an efficient, professional manner to help them maximize results using their advertising budget.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, energetic candidate with customer service and sales experience. The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented team environment is a must. Computer and typing skills with a high level of accuracy are vital to this position. A high school education or equivalent is required, as is a valid Colorado driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and good driving record.
This position offers competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of medical insurance, dental and vision insurance, life & AD&D, managed disability insurance, a 401(k) investment savings plan, and immediate eligibility for paid time off.
Interested individuals may apply by sending a resume with cover letter, telling us why you are the ideal candidate for our team, to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 303-449-2063.
Prairie Mountain Publishing is a part of the Digital First Media Family and a subsidiary of MediaNews Group.
Expires: August 12, 2014
MANAGING EDITOR for small daily on High Plains, 3 1/2 hours east of Denver on I-70. Are you ready to step up? This person will lead a full-time staff of three, plus part-timers, plan and track news coverage, co-ordinate photo and stories, design and lay out pages, cover some meetings and write some stories, deal with public and online/facebook pages, generally run the newsroom. Journalism degree preferred, at least two years' newspaper experience. This is a good paper, hoping to get better. Apply to Sharon Friedlander, publisher, email@example.com, and Steve Haynes firstname.lastname@example.org. Colby Free Press/Nor'West Newspapers, Colby, Kan. (785) 462-3963. EOE m/f/h/v
Expires: August 25, 2014
REPORTER/NEWS EDITOR for award-winning weekly on High Plains. Are you up to the challenge of continuing a strong tradition? Can you do it all? Do you want to learn the news business? This person will plan news coverage, co-ordinate the work of part-time staff, cover stories and features, take photos, design and lay out pages, post to web pages and facebook. Journalism degree or some newspaper experience preferred. Competitive pay, about four hours from Denver. Apply to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The Oberlin Herald/Nor'West Newspapers, Oberlin, Kan. (785) 475-2206. EOE m/f/h/v
Expires: August 25, 2014
Looking for a newspaper industry job, or a student internship? We hope you'll check back often for possible opportunities.